Soles In The Backcountry (SITBC) is a project that AKtive Soles started with the hopes of encouraging our community to become more familiar and comfortable in our own backyard. SITBC is an adventure book that includes adventures of varying levels.
May 1st – September 30th, 2019
After Season Party
October 13th, 2019 at Government Peak Recreation Area
We are teaming up with Mat-Su Trails and Parks Foundation to bring you a dutch oven cook off. Enter a team for the cook off.
Create a film and enter the Film Contest with your pictures and videos from your summer adventures (read more below).
Visit us at AKtive Soles to purchase your 2019 Adventure Book. We are located in the Koslosky Center in downtown Palmer.
Enjoy your summer by exploring the Mat-Su Valley with your Adventure Book as your personal adventure planner!
After all of our adventures, join us at Government Peak Recreation Area (N Mountain Trails Dr, Palmer, AK 99645) for the end of season party on Sunday, October 13th, 2019.
Dutch Oven Cook Off
The Dutch Oven Cook Off will be part of the after party for Soles In The Backcountry.
Email email@example.com to enter your team!
- Put a team together
- Enter the contest by emailing Kim (email address above)
- Pick an entree, bread or dessert
- Practice makes perfect
- Cook your masterpiece on Oct. 13th
- Judges will judge
- Serve the Soles In The Backcountry party members
Enter the Short Film Challenge and we MAY select your film to share at the end of season party!
- Create a film using your pictures and videos of your summer adventures
- Go to www.wetransfer.com
- Use the FREE version to upload your film
- Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
* All films must be sent in for preview by Oct. 7th
** If your film exceeds 2 GB bring a thumb drive into AKtive Soles
** Max time = 5 min